Thursday, April 7, 2011

I LOVE My Hair

I absolutely adore this video. I didn't have any black hair role models when I was young. I actually cried a little when I first saw this video. Enjoy!



On another note, I ran into one of my mom's long time friends yesterday. This woman knew me since I was a preteen. Guess what she said to me...

"Oh my gosh, you cut off all that pretty hair. Now it's nappy! Why would you do that!?!"

"I like my naps."

"But it's all knotty. I bet its hard to comb."

"Actually its not as bad as you think. I have learned a lot about how to take care of my hair, including how to comb it."

"Whooo! I could not walk around with my head that way! Sherry (my mom) what you think? (my mom just shakes her head... she doesn't like my "naps" either) "Well, you can get away with it becaue you have the face for it."

"That's exactly why I cut my hair. I think every woman should be able to rock the hair God blessed her with and not be ashamed. Because the WHITE man says straight hair is pretty, I am supposed to think so? I think not! As a matter of fact, White people compliment my hair, the only people that object to it are Black."

"Well you know why I keep a perm in my hair? Because I don't want it NAPPY!"


Shoot me NOW!

PLEASE?

If you don't know how much I loathe this conversation, read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment