Friday, September 3, 2010

What a Busy Day!

Yesterday was very busy for me. My day started at 6:30 a.m. and I did not get back home until 10 p.m. last night. I am a receptionist/secretary/do-girl and I love it! Its fairly easy and my coworkers work together as a team and we all get along. 
Yesterday, I got the chance to attend an Administrative Assistant's Seminar.


I learned a lot of cool tips about becoming more organized, dealing with difficult people, and how to argue. I also learned that I am a minimizer married to a maximizer...  meaning are arguing styles are completely different. What I like best about the seminar is that most of the things I learned can be done at work and at home. I'm gonna share my two favorite lessons.


JUST EAT THE FROG.... OR IT WILL EAT YOU!


If you had 24 hours to eat a live frog, its best to just do it right away or you will spend 24 hours dreading having to do it. Personally if I went to work and I was told to eat a live frog, I would just put in my resignation.... but I get the point.

**************************


YOU CAN NOT CRY AND SWALLOW WATER AT THE SAME TIME!


Water can also calm you down if you feel like you're about to EXPLODE!!
This is the best thing I ever heard! I have this "thing" about crying in front of people... even though I'm a big water bucket. Don't be surprised if you see me with a bottle of water at church or anywhere else where I'm bound to get emotional.


******************


Yesterday, I also met with Nigel Mott. He helped put together the Creative Reading tutoring program that I was a part of last year.
This year I'm gonna be a part of From Girls 2 Women.


I will go to an elementary school twice a week and tutor a group of girls in Math and Language Arts. I'm super excited! I always wanted to be a tutor/mentor but I couldn't find the right group of people to get involved with. Brunswick has groups like "Southern Classy Ladies" and "Down South Divas" but honestly I never hear about anything they do for the youth. All I ever hear about is parties and clubs... not a good look. Ok, I take that back, I have heard of a couple things they have done... but nothing good.



*********************



I'M OFFICIALLY A GIRL SCOUT TROOP LEADER!


Ok, not yet. But I will be on September 9th! I'm super duper excited about this!! Me and my bestie Bernae will head a Daisy and/or a Brownie troop at Altama Elementary. I just hope I can learn the Girl Scout Promise before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment