Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I never really liked Valentine's day because before my Vandy I NEVER seemed to have a bf on this holiday. Occasionally, I would receive Valentine's from someone who had a crush on me... but it was always from an, um, *coughs* loser. Well, I never know what to get my husband for this holiday because he doesn't ever seem to want anything! And men can be so hard to buy for... especially on a woman's holiday. Last year, I took a photo of all his brothers and sisters that he had blown up and was just sitting around the house and had it custom  framed. This year, I decided to do something a little different. Something that was a little more from the heart and less from the pocket. (Fyi: Custom framing is EXPENSIVE!) I got the idea from Kate at Wait in the Van to make a gift. I wrote two love poems... one nice and one naughty... on pretty scrap book paper and framed them. The nice one matches the living room decor. The naughty one matches the bedroom decor. I hope he likes them because I have no idea how to top it for next year, but I love the idea of home made gifts (for him, not me!) so whatever I do next year, it'll probably come from Michael's Crafts!

This is the "nice" one. I hand wrote it.

This is the naughty one... WARNING: Please don't try to read it. :)



ON ANOTHER NOTE:
 I chaperoned at a Sock Hop this past Friday. It felt like Halloween all over again! I love to step out of the box and dress up every now and again. Everything I had on came out of my closet. The ribbon around my hair was one of the pretty ribbons I saved from my bridal shower gifts that Gigi gave me a few months ago. I even sqeezed my size tens into some socks with the ruffles and some red shoes! I was a 50's housewife DIVA! I felt like Lucy! I had a lot of fun and I can't wait for another opportunity to become someone else for a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment