Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vintage Fashion

Somewhere between my love of art and my love of my favorite sister-in-law and her love of photography, I have also come to love enjoy photography myself. I was thrilled when I read on Neglected Princess about another blog, or picture archive (or whatever you wanna call it), full of photos of divas of color from the years past. I love everything about these pictures. Here are a few of my favorites from Of Another Fashion.

Gotta love the woman changing a tire in a skirt, heels, and pearls!

I love the 'fros!

Check out those capri pants!

I love everything about this picture! I'm definitely loving the "gangsta lean" thing her hat has going on!!

Can you say "Divas!"?

I love how "cool" and relaxed she is with her cigarette!

LOVING THE 'FRO!
I think this is called the "freedom fro"

Of course I couldn't add all of these beautiful vintage women without throwing in my own family!

This is my great-great grandmother Miss Lucy Jane.

This is Lucy Jane with her daughters Ruby and Ella. The man in the middle is James, Ruby's husband. Check out those home made dresses! (I still can't figure out why he is holding his hand over Lucy's head like that... is he trying to block the sun?)

This is Hallie, my mom's great aunt (Lucy Jane's daughter). She eventually went crazy and was institutionalized. (I think it runs in the family... we are all a little crazy!)

This is Hallie again with Ruby from my second picture. She looks like two totally different people!


2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear some of your family tree stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could write a book about my family drama!! :) That's a good idea for a future post. I will keep that in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete